One of the most affordable and scalable high-end Smart WLAN controller in its class
The ZoneDirector 5000 (ZD5000) is one of the industry’s first controller-based system that can be flexibly deployed either in-line, or out of the data path, supporting up to 20,000 clients, 1,000 access points (APs) and 2048 wireless LANs (WLANs) within a single, easy-to-use platform. If you don’t believe us, compare it for yourself against the alternatives.
With 6x the processing power and twice the capacity and redundancy of previous ZoneDirectors, the ZD5000 is perfect for large-scale wireless environments such as hotels, schools, hospitals and managed service environments. With a lifetime warranty, the ZD5000 is one of the first Smart WLAN platform to combine power, simplicity and scalability into a single, affordable system.
Highly resilient with dual/hot-swappable AC/DC power supplies and fans, the ZD5000 integrates the same ZoneFlex Smart/OS software as other ZoneDirector platforms, supporting advanced features such as meshing, hot spot authentication, guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security at no additional cost.
The ZoneDirector 5000 (ZD5000) is one of the industry’s first controller-based system that can be flexibly deployed either in-line, or out of the data path, supporting up to 20,000 clients, 1,000 access points (APs) and 2048 wireless LANs (WLANs) within a single, easy-to-use platform. With a lifetime warranty, the ZD5000 is one of the first Smart WLAN platform to combine power, simplicity and scalability into a single, affordable system. Highly resilient with dual/hot-swappable AC/DC power supplies and fans, the ZD5000 integrates the same ZoneFlex Smart/OS software as other ZoneDirector platforms, supporting advanced features such as meshing, hot spot authentication, guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security at no additional cost.
The ZD5000 supports enterprise-class 802.1x with any backend authentication database, such as RADIUS and ActiveDirectory, and also comes with an internal authentication database supporting up to 20,000 user entries. First-time ZoneDirector users simply plug their computers into the WLAN, and specify a URL that directs them to a captive web portal for first-time authentication. Then, ZoneDirector automatically configures the client system with the designated SSID and a dynamically-generated encryption key that centralizes authentication and authorization decisions for all APs, providing secure admission control across the WLAN. Oh…and there's also rogue AP detection, client isolation, L2-4 filters, client blacklisting, DoS attack prevention and other security capabilities that let you sleep at night.
Just too many to mention.
The ZD5000 delivers one of the most feature-rich software suite of advanced features you can find. The difference is that we don't charge for them. Band steering, airtime fairness, client load balancing, an elegant and simple guest networking facility, time-based wireless LAN controls, Smart Mesh networking, WLAN and AP groupings, IPv6 support, automatic proxy configuration for clients, dynamic VLAN assignment, role-based policy, configurable idle client timeouts, and we could go on and on. All of these advanced features are as easy to implement as simply pointing and client on check boxes with our semi-sexy GUI.
It's all up to you.
Every deployment is difference and the ZD5000 was designed to provide flexible deployment options that give you the power and choice. The ZD5000 can be deployed remotely and out-of-the-datapath to eliminate performance bottlenecks and single points of failure or within a centrally-controlled environment where all traffic is tunneled through the device. You decide. We have also integrated special capabilities such as SpeedFlex directly into the ZD5000. SpeedFlex is a unique wireless performance tool that measures the Wi-Fi throughput of associated wireless LAN (WLAN) clients, APs or individual mesh links. From any centralized ZD500 WLAN controller administrators remotely invoke a speed test for any given client. Focusing on wireless L2 throughput, SpeedFlex measures the performance of the link detailing uplink, downlink, packet loss and other metric essential in remotely troubleshooting and isolating client issues.
Ultra simple to configure and manage.
Easily discovered on any network through UPnP, the ZD5000 can be configured in a matter of minutes through an intuitive configuration wizard. Once configured, the ZD5000 provides an simple, Web2.0 management interface that is easy to navigate. The customizable dashboard provides comprehensive at-a-glance network snapshot and allows drill down to troubleshoot wireless problems Configuration changes can easily be applied to multiple APs, or the entire system, simultaneously. The ZD5000 provides full CLI management, a graphic user interface or can be managed through any TELNET connection. Real-time monitoring and statistics show CPU utilization, memory utilizatoin, packets and bytes sent and received, number of APs and clients connected and other information essential to managing any large-scale wireless LAN.
- Supports up to 1,000 APs, 20,000 clients, 2048 WLANs per device
- Distributed forwarding architecture maximizes data throughput by eliminating the need to send all traffic through the controller
- 512 APs groups, 2048 WLAN groupings
- Automatic smart redundancy for high availability
- Dual, hot-swappable AC or DC power supplies
- Redundant fans
- Centralized or distributed deployment
- Two 1 Gbps ports for full redundancy
Advanced Feature Set
- Smart meshing support
- Simple and elegant guest networking and captive portal
- Hot spot authentication (WISPr support)
- AP and WLAN groupings streamlines operation of a large number of small-sized networks from a single controller
- IPv6 support
- Integrated DHCP server
- Dynamic VLAN assignment
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key generation and Zero-IT administration of clients
- Integrated wireless performance test tool (SpeedFlex) measures WI-Fi throughput of clients, APs and mesh links
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness
- Robust authentication support (802.1X, captive portal, Active Directory, RADIUS, local database, WISPr)
- Time-based WLAN broadcasting
- Band steering provides spectral optimization
- Airtime fairness allows better user experience
- Dynamic (performance based) channel assignment ensures faster client connectivity
- Dynamic and configurable client load balancing to optimize overall WLAN system performance
- Rogue AP detection
- Client blacklisting
- DoS attack prevention
- Password guessing protection
- Client isolation protects against peer-to-peer snooping
- L2-4 ACL support
Super Simple Management
- Graphic and Web 2.0 intuitive user interface
- HTTP and HTTPS/SSL connections
- Full CLI support
- Manageable by Ruckus FlexMaster system
- SNMP v1/v2c/v3, Telnet/SSHv2 support
|MAC address table
|Colour of product
||U.S., Canada, EU, China, Japan, Taiwan, Korea
||IEEE 802.11e,IEEE 802.11i,IEEE 802.1Q
|Operating temperature (T-T)
||5 - 40 °C
|Ports & interfaces
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity
|Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports type
||Gigabit Ethernet (10/100/1000)
|AC input voltage
|AC input frequency
|Number of power supply units
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)
|Power over Ethernet (PoE)
||SNMP v1, v2, v3
|Supported network protocols
||CLI (Telnet/SSH), HTTP/S
|Virtual LAN features
|Weight & dimensions